The June 2016 debut of Monarch Beach Resort, following a year-long $40 million comprehensive renovation, will introduce guests to a reimagined luxury resort destination steeped in the relaxed sun-splashed sophistication of Southern California. With the dramatic transformation, guests will enjoy a more elevated yet approachable experience that includes a new Miraval Life in Balance Spa, five new dining concepts, an expansive new pool area and a new arrival experience through a transformed lobby.
“We are excited to share our extensive transformation with our guests that embraces the resort’s coastal location in Dana Point and relaxed luxury of beachfront living,” said Ian Pullan, General Manager of Monarch Beach Resort.
“With our new Miraval Spa opening later this week and the final phase of our renovation to be completed in June with the unveiling of our new pool complex and poolside cantina restaurant, the reimagined Monarch Beach Resort will offer our guests, members and neighbors exciting changes befitting one of the finest resorts in Southern California.”
Details of Monarch Beach Resort’s enhancements and debut dates include:
- Miraval Life in Balance Spa (April 2, 2016): Miraval Group will bring its nationally known spa and wellness brand to Southern California with the opening of the Miraval Life in Balance Spa.The Miraval Life in Balance Spa at Monarch Beach Resort will offer more than 70 of the signature treatments developed at the company’s flagship Miraval Resort & Spa at Tucson, Arizona, each designed to “awaken the senses, create balance and promote a sense of well-being” and will encompass 24 treatment rooms, spa suites, boutique, Drybar, Deborah Lippmann Nail Salon and relaxation and tranquility zones.
- New Dining Concepts: Award-winning chef Michael Mina’s Stonehill Tavern will continue to be the signature restaurant at the resort, offering modern American cuisine focusing on seasonal ingredients and elegant tavern fare with twists on home-style favorites. New culinary options include:
- AVEO Table + Bar (debuts March 2016): The Mediterranean restaurant and bar’s bright and open space will emanate a distinct coastal luxury feel and sensibility that is fresh and welcoming, and will reflect the property’s new style of effortless living in seaside elegance. Its floor-to-ceiling windows will offer an impressive introduction to the outdoor terrace where guests may enjoy sweeping views of the sea. The restaurant’s cuisine highlights the best of the Mediterranean from Spain to Italy and from Greece to Morocco, with dishes inspired by local influences and an emphasis on organic and sustainable ingredients drawn from new and longstanding partnerships with local fishermen, ranchers, farmers and food artisans.
- 33°North (opened January 2016): Dana Point’s new social center offers three distinct scenes that pay homage to the resort’s inviting coastal location: a contemporary bar for guests to savor hand-crafted cocktails, a living room salon with comfortable seating and cozy nooks, and an outdoor patio with sparkling ocean views and fireside niches that create a beach-home feel with live music Thursday through Sunday.
- Part & Parcel Market (opened February 2016): Dana Point’s newest neighborhood emporium features small bites and healthy options for guests on-the-go in the morning, afternoon and evening including freshly made and house-bottled juices and smoothies, gourmet coffee and tonics, a gelato bar, daily baked morning pastries, made-to-order birthday cakes, upscale homemade and bottled cold-brewed ice teas, soft beverages and sodas made with real sugar and natural flavors.
- Westwind Terrace (May 2016): This indoor-outdoor dining concept located on a coveted perch near the golf course will feature quality, natural ingredients as the fundamental components of the culinary team’s creations as they take the notion of bar food to the next level. Complementing the outdoor patio’s uncompromising views of the Pacific Ocean will be a selection of artisan cold beer and ciders on tap during the sun-filled afternoons and a large, cozy fireplace to warm guests throughout the cooler twilight hours.
- Sombra (June 2016): Opening as part of the pool complex redesign, this Mexi-Cali family-friendly poolside cantina will serve modern, approachable Mexi-Cali cuisine. The inventive menu will be a fusion of Mexican/American dishes and flavors with a mixture of healthy salads, vegetarian options and modern Mexican comfort food. Luxury cabana service will ensure the ultimate poolside relaxation and refreshing guest experience.
- A New Arrival Experience (completed January 2016): Guests are welcomed with an unobstructed ocean view as the focal point of the transformed Lobby. Beach house-inspired details create a residential feel from the moment of arrival, such as panoramic windows, over-sized seating, wide plank wood floors, and celestial blue and sea-glass green accents that speak to the coastal spirit of Southern California.
- Expansive Pool Complex (June 2016): The new outdoor oasis will provide more ways for couples and families to connect with an infinity-edge Ocean Pool that seamlessly spills into the stunning seascape, private cabanas with built-in music and stocked outdoor mini-bars, increased poolside chaise lounges and an outdoor fire pit surrounded by couches for guests to get together in the evenings. The new multi-level design features a second tier dedicated to sunning and lounging.
In celebration of Monarch Beach Resort’s re-imagination, the resort is offering a special “Rediscover” promotion that includes accommodations in a fully restyled guest room and a $50 resort credit per night.
For more details on the new Miraval Life in Balance Spa at Monarch Beach Resort visit www.MiravalSpaMonarchBeach.com beginning April 5, 2016.
05 April 2016
About Monarch Beach Resort (operating as The St. Regis Monarch Beach until May 31, 2016)
Monarch Beach Resort in Orange County, California, is a luxury resort recognized among the best in the world, with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and 400 exquisitely appointed guest rooms and suites. This resort, nestled along the coast in Dana Point, features the Robert Trent Jones-designed Monarch Beach Golf Links, access to one of the most exclusive beaches in Southern California, three luxurious pools, six ocean-view restaurants including Chef Michael Mina’s lauded Stonehill Tavern and the highly anticipated Miraval Life in Balance Spa.
About KSL Resorts
Founded in 1992, KSL Resorts manages, asset manages and consults for a variety of world class destination resorts with outstanding recreational amenities including spa, golf, tennis and ski. Each is refined yet unpretentious, rich in legacy and genuine in service; including, the Hotel del Coronado (San Diego, Calif.), Beach Village at the Del (San Diego, Calif.), Miraval Resort and Spa (Tucson, Arizona) and the newest addition, Monarch Beach Resort (Dana Point, Calif.).
Amanda Anderson Wessel – Leisure Sales Manager
The St. Regis Monarch Beach
Tel: 1 949 234 3684