Golfer Paige Spiranac just made her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue debut – blonde hair, curvy, 24 years old – I can see why she has 1.3 million Instagram followers. You can find some of her trick shot videos on You Tube. Kudos to her for being an official ambassador for Cybersmile, an anti-cyber bullying organization. She’s got much more than looks going for her.
- With apologies to Bret “The Hitman” Hart, once upon a time Tiger Woods was the best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. At least two of those, of course, are now in question. But it’s still must-see TV as we watch the 42-year-old try to rediscover the game that made him an assassin on the golf course. A lengthy cheatsheet cost him his marriage, injuries and personal issues cost him his game. But his life and his golf game appear to be coming back together. And we watch, fixated.
- Who would have ever thought the Branson Missouri tucked away in the Ozark Mountains would be the fastest growing golf destination in America. A great deal of credit goes to Bass Pro Shop founder Johnny Morris a golf aficionado in his own right! Bass Pro Shop Legends of Golf returning April 17-22, 2018. www.bassprolegends.com
- North American Ladies making a statement in LPGA Asia Swing. Could this be Michelle Wie’s breakout year after dramatic win at HSBC in Singapore? Jessica Korda winning the week before at the Honda LPGA in Thailand. Sister, Nelly Korda finished 2nd in Singapore and 14th in Thailand and of course Canada’s own Brooke Henderson, T2 in Singapore, Top 10 both weeks! American Danielle Kang also finished in a tie for 2nd in Singapore!
- Congratulations to Phil Mickeleson on ending 4 year drought with solid final round play and beating maybe the hottest player on tour Justin Thomas in first playoff hole in Mexico! Could this be what he needs to get him to another Green Jacket?
- Consumer Golf Shows have been very upbeat and very well attended for the most part. Only Indianapolis kind of sucked! Also great to see some younger golfers in attendance. Good sign for the golf industry. The Traveling Golfer section at the Toronto Golf Show was buzzing all weekend with so many trips up for grabs plus Tour Edge Golf Clubs, Bag Boy Travel Cover and a Toronto Maple Leafs logoed golf bag from Caddy Pro. Leafs bag went to George Ropar. Ottawa and Montreal Golf Shows next 2 weekends back to back!
- 2018 Ryder Cup in France is only 6 months away! Private Golf Key World Golf Award Winner – France’s Best Inbound Golf Tour Operator for the past 3 years can get you there! They can organize all aspects of your Ryder Cup holiday, from transportation to accommodation, including cultural visits and great golf plus amazing culinary & wine experiences. www.privategolfkey.com