…a very obvious one is missing…Charleston, South Carolina
And they say that I am not a romantic, LOL. Having been to 7 of the 10 listed by LINKS in the article below and 8 of 11 if you count my suggestion of Charleston. Something must have brushed off on me – right? – Maybe. Ok, give me the benefit of the doubt!
All kidding aside, how can Charleston not be included? Maybe I am somewhat biased because I have been there so many times. Also, my favorite course in the world just happens to be within an hour of the city, none other than the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island.
So, there is plenty in the way of great golf be it the five Kiawah Island Courses or the many in, and around, Charleston and its suburb of Summerville.
Just a couple of years back Travel + Leisure gave Charleston, with its cobblestoned streets, genteel mansions, and dynamic food scene, top honors as the best city for a romantic escape in the America’s Favorite Places survey.
Just a few romantic things you and your significant other might consider…
- Horse drawn carriage ride through the cobblestone streets
- Visit some of the beautiful antebellum homes, plantations and mansions
- Enjoy some of the best dining on the planet
- Haunted Charleston makes you want to hold hands, and you definitely will not want to sleep alone.
- A stroll down Rainbow Row
- Shopping the downtown market one of the most historic in America
- The beaches and of course the sunsets…
Ok that’s enough, we need to leave time for golf.
And just to put an exclamation point on my vote for Charleston:
VOTED #1 IN THE UNITED STATES BY READERS OF CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER AND TRAVEL+LEISURE
Do check out the rest as they are all top notch and worthy of your next romantic getaway…
I can’t believe I have not been to Ritz Carlton in Naples, or ever been to Hawaii or Minnesota…so that explains that.